The Information Security Institute code-of-conduct (certification mechanism) provides a platform for data controllers and processors to ensure a structured and efficient means for GDPR compliance.
There is significant administrative and documentation burden to establish and maintain compliance with a code of conduct or earning certification status.
- These costs can be offset by reducing audit costs and automation
- Certification can serve as marketing tools, allowing data subjects to choose controllers signalling GDRP compliance
- They also will likely play a significant role in facilitating cross-border data transfers.
The Information Security Institute Certification mechanisms can create business opportunities for new third-party administrators and programs as effective means for determining binding promises by controllers and processors
The advantages of an Information Security Institute Certification are; (CADET)
- Controls for the exchange of information by electronic means between stakeholders (controllers, processors and supervisory authorities) for binding corporate rules; mutual assistance
- Adherence by all parties concerned to an approved code of conduct to achieve GDPR compliance
- Demonstrate compliance with the obligations of all stakeholders incl. the Controller and allow data subjects to evaluate the level of data protection of products and services
- Enhance transparency and compliance with GDPR regulation to ensure adequate standards of protection to and by a third party, country or territory or a specified sector within standard GDPR protection clauses; formats and procedures
- The FAS examination process certifies the GDPR implementation acts; for standard contractual clauses between the primary stakeholders (controllers and processors and between processors, codes of conduct, as well as technical standards)
The Information Security Institute certification courses and seminars are reviewed and approved by;
|FAS Certification||All you wanted to know about GDPR in One day|
|DPO Certification||Comprehensive DPO role & practical implementation|
|CEP Certification||4-day Certified Expert Professional Seminar|
|AIC Certification||AIC corporate certification. A trust mark on GDPR privacy and data protection framework