The Information Security Institute Corporate/Company Assessment, Implementation and Conclusion (AIC) certification program is a trust mark that focuses on three critical areas of a GDPR privacy compliance framework:
- Governance, Risk Management and Compliance (GRC) objectives as the principal areas of the GDPR privacy principles; that include policies, procedures, controls and records.
- Besides GRC the next three categories of GDPR implementation, the AIC certification program focuses on the GDPR activity related to people, process and technology.
- And finally, The Information Security Institute AIC certification program assesses the compliance framework based on the legislative, regulatory and contractual requirements as the Information Security components of the GDPR compliance.
The performance of the above three elements is instrumental in achieving the accredited external certification. The Information Security Institute AIC certification assures that the certification a proof that the organisation protects the information security, Data Security and Cybersecurity due diligence is based on established best practice and recognised standards or frameworks: ISO/IBC 2700I:2013 and BSI 0012:2017.
Based on the certification report the company will be able to enhance the structured way of managing personal data, comply with the complexities of GDPR and meet the requirements on a multi-jurisdictional basis.
The Information Security Institute AIC certification provides organisations with the assurance that the certification which is based on national and international standards will enhance credibility with customers and stakeholders and demonstrate compliance to regulators with a compliance report.
- The Information Security Institute AIC certification will demonstrate compliance with Article 25 (governs data protection by design and by default.
- The Information Security Institute AIC certification will provide “proper assessment” leading to granting certification, and likewise lead to its withdrawal in the event of noncompliance, and the certification adherence can be a mitigating factor in limiting GDPR fines.
The GDPR Institute certification mechanisms will provide controllers and processors efficient means for establishing and maintaining compliance. The certifications may serve as a marketing tool, allowing data subjects to choose controllers signalling GDRP compliance or a Processors certified status may play a significant role in facilitating cross-border data transfers.