The Information Security Institute’s codes-of-conduct and certification guidance and mechanisms provide the Board of Directors, Management and primary Stakeholders (controllers and processors) an efficient means for GDPR compliance. There are a series of prerequisites and compliance to administrative, data and IT processes in establishing and maintaining compliance with a code of conduct and thereby earn The Information Security Institute’s certification status.
- The Information Security Institute’s certification can serve as marketing tools, allowing data subjects to choose controllers signalling GDRP compliance via their membership or associations with the certified status provided by The Information Security Institute. The certification can play a significant role in facilitating cross-border data transfers
- The Information Security Institute’s code of conduct and certification mechanisms can create business opportunities for new third-party controllers, administrators or processors when these organisations are accredited certification
- The Information Security Institute’s certification acknowledges third-party compliance programs as effective means for establishing binding promises by controllers and processors that are consistent with regimes under GDPR privacy framework that is globally consistent with generally accepted privacy regimes to ease the burdens of legal compliance
The Information Security certification audit; focuses the data privacy system on a European scale based on the ISO 27001 standard, including the establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing, maintaining and improving a documented Data Privacy and Information Security Management System within the context of the organisation’s overall business risks.
- The Information Security Institute’s certification specifies the control requirements for the implementation of data privacy and security controls, customised to the needs of individual groups including the Data and IT Ethics & Integrity components and the associated training tools.
- The Information Security Institute’s certification demonstrates the strong commitment to monitoring IT and data discipline that validates the company’s internal initiatives and efforts through audit and alert systems that increase communication and awareness of the data and IT procedures and values
- The Information Security Institute’s certification standards will reinforce the company’s approach by using global best practices with assessment audits to ascertain GDPR sustainability by exploring the feasibility of a global GDPR compliance policy in widely differing regional markets without unapproved local policy exceptions